Monday, June 25, 2012

'Tis the Season for Canning - Mrs. Wages

Last Summer when I worked at Oak Grove Farms, we sold Mrs. Wages products. I personally did not use any of the products since I simply followed a recipe for things like Bread & Butter Pickles and Dill Pickles. Guess it may have been a good thing to do for Dill Pickles since mine did not turn out at all. They were simply put . . . gross! However, I have been told that Mrs. Wages mix makes the best Dill Pickles. A friend of mine also told me that she has the best recipe for Dill Pickles. Who knows?

That all being said, I have heard nothing but good things about Mrs. Wages products. There are mixes for guacamole, salsa, tomato sauce, pickles, fruit and many other things. Again, while I cannot personally endorse these particular mixes, they were raved about (and sold at a rapid rate during canning season) at the Farm.

These mixes are particularly helpful when you don't want to spend hours of cooking over the hot stove in the hot Summer. They can be found oftentimes at the grocery store or online (Mrs. Wages).


If you are new to canning, these may be the perfect thing to help get you started.


1 comment:

  1. Hi. Thanks for the encouraging words about Mrs. Wages. If you're interested in having us send you some products to review, please let me know - I work on PR and media relations for Mrs. Wages. You can reach me via email (mike@bawdenlareaupr.com).

    ReplyDelete