Monday, January 25, 2010

Monkey Bread - YUM!

I was invited back! And I actually have a recipe to share! We actually had it Saturday morning for breakfast Yummy Monkey Bread. I did take a little help from the store -- I used refrigerated pizza dough. I have a friend that makes it with the type of bread that has to rise at least once (maybe even twice). That takes too long for me. And knowing my luck, I'd forget to let it rise in time to have it for breakfast. So here is my version.

Monkey Bread

1 stick butter, melted
2 cans refrigerated pizza dough
Cinnamon and sugar mixed together (amount will vary; about 1 cup sugar and a few tsp cinnamon--depending on how "cinnamon-y" you like it)


Unroll the dough and break into pieces. Roll into balls (these aren't the greatest "balls" but what do you expect when a 3 year old is helping?) Roll in melted butter then in the sugar mix.


Place in pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.


Eat until there is very little left! This was what was left after the 4 of us ate (2 adults, a 7 year old, and a 3 year old). You may need to adjust your quantities according to how many you are feeding.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I make mine in a bundt pan. After greasing generously I add chopped pecans to the "bottom" of the pan. I also use 4 cans of biscuits (which easily cut into 4 sections). We just roll in cinnamon sugar, stack them in the bundt pan then drizzle with butter. They take longer to bake -- 25-30 minutes?? Invert into a serving dish and it not only tastes good, it's beautiful! I might try it in a baking dish to save on cooking time especially if it's just for us and I'm not making it for our Sunday School class or company!

    ReplyDelete