Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My New Favorite Way to Cook Bacon

My whole family loves bacon. I buy at least one pound a week (bacon has gotten so expensive!). The thing I don't like about bacon is cooking it. If we are having pancakes, we use our electric griddle. Pancakes cooked in bacon grease are awesome!


But if we aren't having pancakes, cooking bacon can be messy. The grease gets everywhere! I've ruined more than one shirt because bacon grease has spattered on it. Well, now I have found an awesome way to cook bacon and not have the mess. (Thanks to Rachel Ray) I use my broiler pan. Put as many pieces as you want on it, put it in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. Flip. Check it in about 5 minutes. It will cook so much faster on the second side. All the grease collects in the bottom and doesn't spatter all over your counter, all over you, all over your clothes, and ... well, you get the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment