Thursday, October 21, 2010

National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day

Can I hear a big YUM!!! Pumpkin Cheesecake! I was very glad to see this on the calendar because I was looking forward to chowing down on this recipe. However, it has recently been discovered that the Promersberger household with all of their handy dandy new fangled kitchen utensils and tools do not own a spring form pan. That being said, I was simply going to post the recipe without trying the recipe out. I am very happy to report that while on the Ladies' Retreat this past weekend, lo and behold, there it was for dessert Sunday afternoon - the Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake! I am still going to post the recipe but since I had a slice on Saturday, I can say that I happily tried the Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake out and loved it! Hope you enjoy too ... that is if you happen to own a springform pan. Otherwise, head to the Cheesecake Factory and devour a piece. No Cheesecake Factory near you? Order it online and have it delivered to your front door! Oh what an age we live in!

Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake

Crust
1-1/2 cups graham crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar

Filling
3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
Whipped cream

Mix crust ingredients together, just till coated and crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 2/3 up the side of an 8" springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes at 350. Set aside.

Combine cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl, mix until smooth with an electric mixer, add pumpkin, eggs and spices, beat till smooth and creamy. Pour into the crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes or till the top turns a bit darker. Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate. After it has thoroughly chilled, remove the pan sides and cut. Serve with whipped cream.

Excuse me ... excuse me .... it's me .... your computer .... you're drooling on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment