Monday, June 21, 2010

Not Your Mama's Meatloaf

It may not be your mama's meatloaf but I will proudly say that it is my mama's! My Chris never really liked meatloaf before but claims that this is the best meatloaf and I am welcome to make it anytime - which I gladly do.

Meat Loaf Miniatures

1 cup ketchup
4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
3 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 lbs. ground beef


In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into small meatloaves. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment