Tuesday, March 20, 2012

'Tis the Season for Salad - Homemade Ranch Dressing

Just the other day as I was chopping up carrots for Elianna's lunch, the thought popped into my head that I should make some ranch dressing. I quickly dismissed the idea thinking there is no possible way. Then, lo and behold, what do I find but a recipe for homemade ranch dressing. Didn't get to make it, but believe me - it's on The List. 

In looking at different recipes, there are some that call for dill and some that don't. Since I personally like dill (and I have a ton of it in the fridge), I went with this recipe.

Homemade Ranch Dressing

1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream, plain yogurt or buttermilk
1 large clove garlic (or two small), minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Whisk all ingredients together and store in a glass jar or other sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.

*Note: makes 1 cup

Recipe from Foodess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment